STEM Power! Strength in Numbers
Do you want to explore mathematics and data science in STEM?
Check out the STEM Power! Workshop Series, Strength in Numbers! For three days and two nights, you will explore mathematics different from what you have experienced, discover what problems professional mathematicians and data scientists solve, identify top jobs available to mathematicians and data scientists, and collaborate with others who have similar interests.
Join us for a full college experience while you participate in workshops and activities such as:
- Reflections on a Square
- Fractals: Paterns to Infinity
- Exploring Data Science
- Math after College: Career Exploration
- The mathematics museum; and
- A campus tour
Open to students entering grades 9-12.
- Participants should have successfully completed courses in Algebra II and Geometry. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Dan Wackwitz.
6:30–9 a.m. Morning routine and breakfast
9 a.m.–noon Morning workshops
Noon–1 p.m. Lunch
1–5 p.m. Afternoon workshops and supervised free time with snacks
5–6 p.m. Dinner
6–7:30 p.m. Planned activities and events
7–9:30 p.m. Supervised social, game, and free time
- Cost covers room, board, and all workshop expenses
- A $50 deposite is required at registration
- Scholarships are available, please contact, camp coordinator, Dr. Dan Wackwitz for details.
Registration closes on Monday, June 19.
To request disability accommodations, contact CenterPOINT at 608.342.7342 and email@example.com.