STEM Power! STEM at Bat
Do you want to explore softball and STEM?
Check out the STEM Power! Workshop Series, STEM at Bat! For two days and one night you will explore how STEM fields apply to softball and other sports and what types of careers are available. You will get to watch a UW-Platteville softball practice, participate in a panel discussion with the team and coaches, and attend a game.
The workshop sessions may include:
- Bag Tags with Lasers
- Break it to Make it Work: Materials Science of Bats
- Damaged on the Diamond: Injury, Diagnosis, Treatment and Rehab
- Fancy Feet: Designing the Right Shoes for the Job
- The Crack, Clunk, and Spring of a Bat: Using Acoustics to Hear the Homer
- Throw Like a Girl: Analyze Your Throw Using Math and Science
- Who Goes First? Using Statistics to Make the Best Batting Order
- Campus tours
Open to grades 8–12
Date: Friday, Apr. 14 - Saturday, Apr. 15
Time: 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Cost covers room, board, and all workshop expenses
- Scholarships are available, please contact, camp coordinator, Jodi Prosise for details.
To request disability accommodations, contact CenterPOINT at 608.342.7342 and email@example.com.