Staff Overnight Permit
After reading the rules for the special overnight permit, log in to the webform by clicking the "I AGREE" button at the bottom of the page.
Staff who work late on a regular basis may request a 2 to 6 a.m. special parking permit. This permit allows you to park in a staff lot close to his/her office, during normally restricted hours, without having to call the UW-Platteville Police Department to request excused parking. Cost is $8.50 and valid for the academic year.
Requirements for the use of the special permit.
- This permit must be hung from the rearview mirror of your vehicle. Please don’t place it on the dash of the vehicle. If you prefer, you may tape the overnight permit to your faculty permit. In order to be valid, the Valid Only with license plate number box must be visible from the front of the permit. The UW-Platteville seal on the back of the permit must be visible from the rear. See example photo at right.
- Use of the overnight permit with any other staff permit, besides the one assigned, will result in a parking citation. In addition, the overnight permit will be revoked.
- This permit is only valid between 2 to 6 a.m. in the location listed on the front.
- This permit is valid for the academic year only. Staff working late in the summer must call before 2 a.m. to request excused parking.
- Failure to properly display the staff permit or overnight permit, may result in a parking citation.
- Any alterations to permit will void it. If you need changes made, you will need to purchase a new permit.
- The overnight permit may not be used during a declared University of Wisconsin-Platteville Snow Emergency. Parking in a lot between 2 to 6 a.m. during a declared snow emergency will result in a parking citation and the vehicle will be towed.