Accreditation Steering Committee Mission
The purpose of the Institutional Accreditation Steering Committee is to:
- Oversee the comprehensive processes required for the Higher Learning Commission’s full reaccreditation review, including the comprehensive site visit September 20-21, 2021.
- Provide and ensure internal and external communication regarding the process of accreditation and progress in developing the Assurance Argument, including maintaining the university’s accreditation website.
- Maintain communication with the HLC through the officially designated campus liaison.
- Identify, manage, and submit electronic documentation of evidence files to the HLC’s electronic Assurance System.
- Ensure that the required Assurance Argument and evidence files are submitted on time to the HLC.
Steering Committee Members
- Laura Anderson, Chair, Performing and Visual Arts and committee chair
- Shane Drefcinski, Chair, Humanities
- Melissa Gormley, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs/ HLC liaison
- Margaret Karsten, Faculty, School of Business
- Carolyn Keller, Interim Assistant Provost
- Denise LaBudda, Director, Office of Ethics and Compliance
- Adam Stanley, Chair, History