The primary goal of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Children's Center is to provide an atmosphere that is safe, secure, and fun-filled, while meeting each child's individual needs.
Each semester, the children have an opportunity to participate and develop skills in the following areas:
What We Do
- Strengthen children's positive feelings about themselves and others
- Foster ongoing social skill development in areas of cooperation, problem-solving, decision-making, and emotions
- Provide intellectual challenges in the areas of language, vocabulary, readiness skills, mathematics, and science
- Design experiences which encourage children to think, question, analyze, experiment, discover, and learn
- Create an environment which helps develop an appreciation of both difference and similarities.
- Allow opportunities to develop physical fitness, muscle control, and coordination
- Encourage creative self-expression
- Instill sound nutritional, health, and safety habits
- Establish a supportive environment for children and their families