Accreditation Steering Committee Mission
The HLC Steering Committee exists to:
- Oversee and guide the comprehensive processes required to maintain UW-Platteville’s accreditation status.
- Provide and ensure internal and external communication regarding the process of accreditation and progress in developing our Quality Assurance argument, including maintaining the university’s accreditation website.
- Maintain communication with the HLC.
- Identify, manage, and submit electronic documentation of evidence files to the HLC’s electronic Assurance System.
- Ensure that required documentation and reports are submitted on time to the HLC, including the comprehensive Assurance Argument required in Years 4 and 10 of the accreditation cycle.
- Provide support to the Quality Initiative, including submitting required documentation and reports.
- Plan and participate in the comprehensive site visit and peer review that will occur during the 2021-22 academic year.
For useful resources concerning the Accreditation Steering Committee visit the links below:
- Sharon Klavins, (BILSA), Chair, HLC Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Mittie Den Herder, Provost
- Barb Barnet, Chair, Mathematics
- Dominic Barraclough, Director, Graduate Studies and University Projects
- Laura Bayless, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Todd Carothers, Project Management, Business
- Nettie Daniels, Director, Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
- Shane Drefcinski, Director, General Education
- Dawn Drake, Director, Distance Learning
- Les Hollingsworth, BILSA Assistant Dean, BILSA Liaison
- Tara Krueger, Distance Learning
- Christina Curras, EMS Assistant Dean for Student Services
- Colleen McCabe, Chair, Health and Human Performance
- Chanaka Mendis, EMS Assistant Dean for Faculty/Staff Services, EMS Liaison, Chemistry
- James Mueller, Executive Director, Auxiliary Services
- Cathy Riedl-Farrey, Director of Financial Services
- James Romesburg, Director, English Composition
- John Schliesmann, Institutional Research
- Kory Wein, LAE Assistant Dean, LAE Liaison
- Joanne Wilson, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs