Constructed in 1916 and renovated in 2005, Ullrich Hall is the oldest building on campus and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Currently, Ullrich is home to classrooms used by accounting, business, computer science, and software engineering as well as lab space for computer science and software engineering. The building is named after Fred Ullrich, who joined the faculty of the Platteville Normal School as an instructor in biological sciences in 1914, and later served as director of the agriculture school.
Software Projects Laboratory
Ullrich Hall has three computer laboratories for use by the computer science and software engineering department. The computer laboratory in Ullrich 009 has 40 computers and is primarily used to teach lower-divisional classes.
The computer laboratory in Ullrich 206 has 30 computers and is primarily an open laboratory for upper division students; however, classes are scheduled on an ad hoc basis. The computer laboratory in Ullrich 217 is the projects laboratory.
It has 10 Windows-based stations with dual monitors. It also has six Mac Minis connected via KVM switches. It has large tables and is used by the classes requiring special projects such as the software engineering capstone sequence courses and the real-time embedded systems programming course.