Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Pathway
Earn a master’s degree in as little as three additional terms after your bachelor’s. Through the Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s pathways, you can earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees by applying 6 credits of select graduate courses toward both your UW-Platteville undergraduate and graduate degrees. Add value to your degree – entering the workforce with a combination of academic credentials to make you more marketable.
- Start your coursework through UW-Platteville
- Discuss the possibility of completing both a bachelor’s and master’s degree through the accelerated program with your advisor
- Continue taking courses through UW-Platteville
- Declare a major if you haven’t done so
- Continue conversations with your advisor about your interest in completing both degrees through the accelerated program.
- Contact an Admissions Counselor to discuss your next steps in entering the pathway
- Apply to the Accelerated Bachelor to Master’s Pathway before the start of fall registration
- Work with your advisor to ensure you can complete one 3-credit graduate course and up to 12 credits of undergraduate courses for the fall semester
- Submit the appropriate approval forms to have the course counted for both the undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Complete your coursework
- Work with your advisor to ensure you can complete one 3-credit graduate course and up to 12 credits of undergraduate courses for the spring semester
- Celebrate earning your Bachelor’s undergraduate degree
- Continue your graduate coursework through UW-Platteville
- Earn your Master of Science degree
The following graduate courses have been approved for each of the graduate programs listed below. Work with your academic advisor and the appropriate program coordinator to learn more about how these courses will fulfill your requirements.
M.S. in Criminal Justice
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus CRIMLJUS 6030 Criminal Law ✓ ✓ CRIMLJUS 6130 Policing-Community Relations ✓ CRIMLJUS 6230 Community Based Corrections ✓ CRIMLJUS 6330 Criminal Procedures and Evidence ✓ ✓ CRIMLJUS 6630 Current Topics in Criminal Justice ✓ PSYCHLGY 6430 Abnormal Psychology ✓ BUSADMIN 5030 Human Resource Management ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5530 Organizational Behavior ✓ ✓
M.S. in Engineering
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus MECHENG 5000 Engineering Communications ✓ ENGRG 5030 Linear Algebra ✓ ENGRG 6050 Applied Statistics ✓ CIVILENG 6230 Structural Steel Design with LRFD ✓ MECHENG 6560 Computational Fluid Dynamics ✓ ✓ MECHENG 6750 Computational Methods in Engineering ✓ ✓ MECHENG 6820 Advanced Manufacturing Processes ✓ ✓
M.S. in Integrated Supply Chain Management
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus BUSADMIN 6160 Purchasing Management ✓ ✓ INDUSTDY 5950 Industrial Design for Production ✓ INDUSTDY 6950 Production Planning and Control ✓
M.S. in Organizational Change Leadership
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus BUSADMIN 5500 Employee Training and Development ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5530 Organizational Behavior ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5540 Quality Management ✓ ✓
M.S. in Project Management
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus BUSADMIN 5030 Human Resource Management ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5100 Compensation Management ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5340 Management, Gender and Race ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5500 Employee Training and Development ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5540 Quality Management ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5620 Corporate Finance ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5650 International Finance ✓ BUSADMIN 5740 Consumer Behavior ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 6100 Supply Chain Management ✓ BUSADMIN 6200 Employee Recruitment and Selection ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 6330 Labor-Management Relations ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 6630 Marketing Management ✓ ENGRG 6050 Applied Statistics ✓ MEDIA 5800 Meeting and Event Management ✓
M.S. in Sport Administration
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus BUSADMIN 6630 Marketing Management ✓ HHP 5030 Introduction to Sport Administration ✓ HHP 5080 Career and Identity Development in Sport Administration ✓ HHP 6040 Diversity and Inclusion in Sport Organizations
M.S. in Strategic Management
Course Offered Online Offered at Platteville campus BUSADMIN 5500 Employee Training and Development ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 5530 Organizational Behavior ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 6160 Purchasing Management ✓ ✓ BUSADMIN 6630 Marketing Management ✓
Ready to Start?
Contact an Admission Counselor to learn more about the pathway and application process.
To apply, submit a Graduate Student Application and detail your career and academic goals in the essay box; be sure to mention in your essay that you are interested in the Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Pathway. Upon conditional admission to a graduate program, junior and senior standing students:
- Can enroll in one 3 credit graduate course along with 12 credits of undergraduate courses in a given semester (limited to 15 credits total for that semester).
- Will be charged the current online graduate tuition rate for their graduate classes regardless of residency or course modality (effective fall 2023).
Upon graduation from the Bachelor’s degree program and completing the rest of the graduate admission steps, students will be fully admitted to the graduate program of their choosing at UW-Platteville. Graduate programs can be completed in one academic year at full-time status, or students can choose a more flexible pathway that allows them to work while completing their Master’s degree. Most students with part-time status complete their degrees in two years.
At time of entrance, you must:
- have completed 60 credits
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Students who wish to enroll in an accelerated pathway but do not have an overall 3.0 GPA after completing 60 credits may still be considered through an extended review process. This review may include, but is not limited to, the following items:
- a review of the content and mechanics of the student’s admission essay
- a recommendation from the student’s advisor
- an interview between the student and the program coordinator
- other letters of support