In your role as teacher, family child care provider, program director, assistant director, or supervisor, through Child Care Education, you will learn to create a learning community of children and adults in a supportive environment that promotes:
- Optimal child development
- Healthy families
- Healthy relationships
To earn your Program Development Credential, you will need to complete the following three-credit courses:
- Introduction to Program Development
- Observation, Assessment and Evaluation*
- Designing Environments for Learning
- Capstone Course: Staff Supervision, Coaching and Professional Development
*This course includes the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards training applicable for YoungStar optional learning environment and curriculum points.
See the below options for what fits your status best:
New Students: To register for one of the above courses please apply to UW-Platteville as a special non-degree student.
Continuing Students: To register for one of the above courses please log in to PASS, select your semester/term, select the subject “Early Childhood Education” (ECED), and select your course.
After you are admitted as a special student, you will be able to register for your courses each semester. Please check the academic calendar to keep informed of important deadlines.
You can review your textbooks and:
- Buy them online
- Buy them from a bookstore
- Check them out from your local library
- Check them out from the Wisconsin Child Care Information Center