The quality and scope of your leadership skills will be essential to be an effective director and operating a high-quality child care center.
This credential will allow you to explore the concepts of leadership in child care and hone your leadership skills through Child Care Education. You do not need to be a center director to take this credential, but you should have completed one of the earlier credentials or have a degree.
To earn your Leadership Credential, you will need to complete the following three-credit courses:
- The Personal Disposition of a Leader
- Leading in Your Program
- Leading in Your Community and the Field
- Capstone Course: Leading for Change
To register for one of the above courses please apply to UW-Platteville as a special non-degree student.
After you are admitted as a special student, you will be able to register for your courses each semester. Please check the academic calendar to keep informed of important deadlines.
You can review your textbooks and:
- Buy them online
- Buy them from a bookstore
- Check them out from your local library
- Check them out from the Wisconsin Child Care Information Center