Explore the foundations of out-of-school time programs, and the philosophy and goals of high-quality programs for school age children in group settings with Child Care Education.
The courses in this credential will help you examine and identify the rules and regulations governing group care for school-age children, and the responsibilities for you as the educator.
You will focus on the skills and strategies that afterschool and youth development practitioners need to select and plan developmentally appropriate activities for experiential learning. You will also learn to facilitate the development of caring and trusting relationships with adults and peers.
To earn your Afterschool and Youth Development Credential, you will need to complete the following three-credit courses:
- Foundations in Afterschool and Youth Development*
- Engaging Youth in Groups
- Intentionality in Programming
- Capstone Course: Site Programming and Operations
*This course fulfills the 40-hour Introduction to the School-Age Care Profession course.
You can review your textbooks and:
- Buy them online
- Buy them from a bookstore
- Check them out from your local library
- Check them out from the Wisconsin Child Care Information Center
The following courses are currently available for registration: