Dr. James P Hamilton
Campuses and Colleges
Dr. Hamilton earned his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry at the University of Maine-Orono.
Dr. Hamilton teaches students to perform R&D in multidisciplinary areas of chemistry, physics, plastics and engineering.
His group performs research in:
- physical and analytical chemistry and instrumentation development,
- atomic molecular and optical physics and spectroscopy,
- nanoparticle and nanomaterial characterization and thermodynamics, and
- contamination, control on aerospace and astronomical surfaces.
- This work has led to two startup companies and multiple patents and papers.
Dr. Hamilton has served in multiple positions and committees at the Department, College and University level and has played an active role in promoting and institutionalizing undergraduate research at UW-Platteville.