The former University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor House, located at 895 W. Main St., is now listed for sale.
The university received permission from the UW Board of Regents last month to sell the 1.028-acre property, which the university has owned since 1997. The colonial-style house contains 4,742 square feet and includes four bedrooms and three full and one-half bathrooms.
The house was not only home to the leader of the institution, but also served as a social gathering place for various campus groups, such as student organizations, faculty and staff.
The home was originally built in 1934 and was purchased by UW-Platteville from an alumnus in 1997.
The listing may found here.