The UW-Platteville Crops Team won the Upper Midwest Regional contest on Oct. 26. Host UW-Platteville placed first over University of Minnesota-Crookston (second), South Dakota State (third) and UW-Madison (fourth).
UW-Platteville had six of the top eight overall individual scores among 17 participants. The six UW-Platteville participants were:
- Second: Shannon Lamb (junior, soil and crop science major, Dane, Wisconsin)
- Third: Audrey Pelikan (sophomore, soil and crop science major, Jefferson, Wisconsin)
- Fourth: Anastasia Kurth (sophomore, soil and crop science major, Geneva, Illinois)
- Sixth: Kayla Rayburn (senior, soil and crop science major, Stillman Valley, Illinois)
- Seventh: Keegan Bruins (junior, agribusiness, Brandon, Wisconsin)
- Eighth: Bria Sweeney (senior, soil and crop science major, Fitchburg, Wisconsin)
The team score is based upon the scores of the top three individuals. UW-Platteville has placed first 20 times in the Upper Midwest region since 1974. The team will compete in national contests in Kansas City, Missouri and Chicago, Illinois, in mid-November. Team coaches are Dr. Andrew Cartmill and Dr. Roger Higgs.