Over the course of the 2018-19 academic year, UW-Platteville will be engaging in a strategic planning process. The 2019-24 Strategic Plan will be extremely important to the institution as we move forward with the collaborative integration of the branch campuses and determine where we want to be in the next five years as an institution.
Five Thematic Areas
In alignment with the university vision statement that we "will be recognized as the leading student-focused university," the strategic plan will address five thematic areas:
- Student Success (Recruitment and Retention)
- Academic Experience
- Campus Climate
- Fiscal Planning
- Community and Corporate Partnerships
Process and Timeline
The steering committee and councils will include representation from across the university. They will provide direction and oversight throughout this process to ensure that there are clearly defined plans based on the collaborative input and feedback from the campus community and other stakeholders. Members of the university community can expect to receive requests for input and participation at key stages throughout the planning process.
The planning process will take place over the course of the 2018-19 academic year with an implementation date of July 1, 2019. See below for a high-level overview of the development process.
Phase 1: Preparation, September–January
- Identify goals
- Complete data-informed situation analysis
Phase 2: Strategy Brainstorming, January–February
- Brainstorm potential strategies
- Solicit input from campus community
Phase 3: Strategy Prioritization, March–April
- Vet strategies using consistent campus process
- Identify top-level strategies for inclusion in strategic plan
Phase 4: Finalizing Plan, May–June
- Develop performance targets
- Identify structures and resources needed for implementation
Use the form below to submit questions or feedback.