Pioneer Pete's appearance can be requested for athletic, university, nonprofit organization, corporate, and private events. The mascot request form must be filled out and returned to University Information and Communications. Appearance fees go directly into the UIC mascot fund, which helps pay for costume maintenance and student Pioneer Pete personnel.
Guidelines for Pioneer Pete appearance:
- Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- A private and secure changing room is requested for Pioneer Pete (no public changing rooms).
- The costume will NOT be loaned or rented.
- Photos taken of Pioneer Pete during an appearance may not be used in any commercial manner without the express written permission of UIC.
- Pioneer Pete will not be able to appear in any events that start later than 9:30 p.m. (after all, he is still a miner).
- Event planners may publicize Pioneer Pete's appearance at their event. Pioneer Pete's image may be used on promotional materials for UW-Platteville related events only. Permission to use Pioneer Pete's image must be cleared with UIC at 608.342.1197 or email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to cancel an outdoor appearance in case of bad weather, for Pete's sake.
To request an appearance:
- Fill out and submit form below or contact UIC at 608.342.1197 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a Mascot Request Form and event fees.
- Fill out the appropriate request form and return to the office via mail or fax to 608.342.1023.
- To qualify for a nonprofit rate, please attach a W-9 and IRS Determination Letter (i.e.501 (c)(3)) to the request form.
- Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to event. Exceptions may be approved at the discretion of UIC.
- Upon receipt of your request, you will receive an e-mail with confirmation of your request and the amount of appearance fee (if applicable) for you event.
- Completion of the request form does not guarantee that the request can be filled. Requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to the availability of Pioneer Pete.
- Once the event has been approved, you will receive an invoice if applicable.
- Pioneer Pete: $25 for nonprofit or $50 appearance fee for non-university events and off-campus events. Checks can be made payable to UW-Platteville Foundation.
Mascot Request Form
Fill out the form below to request Pioneer Pete's appearance at your event.
By submitting this request form, you agree to pay the appearance fee (if applicable).