Are you interested in discussing one or more of the TTC services with a consultant? Feel free to request a confidential, one-on-one appointment today by clicking on the button below. A representative of the TTC staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
What is an Individual Consultation?
In an individual consultation, a faculty member or instructor meets with a TTC consultant to discuss teaching ideas or concerns in a confidential, supportive environment.
An individual consultation provides you the opportunity to enhance your teaching practice and student learning in your courses through conversations that focus on your specific needs. Our goal is to ensure that you have continuing support in your development as a professional in higher education.
Who should seek an individual consultation?
Anyone who provides instruction to students in any capacity at UW-Platteville can make use of this TTC service. Each consultation is tailored to your specific needs. The TTC consultant will work with you to articulate outcomes for your session, identify resources, and develop strategies to achieve your goals.
Ideas for consultation topics
- Increasing your expertise in the learning management system
- Identifying short and long-term teaching goals
- Developing course learning goals and objectives
- Improving your syllabus
- Incorporating active learning strategies in your class
- Creating an engaging class environment
- Integrating technology in your teaching
- Using assessment data to improve your course
Where do consultations occur?
TTC staff can meet with you wherever you would like - at the TTC (Pioneer Tower), your office, or another location on or off campus.