We are excited to announce the second annual UW-Platteville Green Fund competition. Formerly referred to as the Campus Sustainability Fund, this competitive grant program will distribute $15,000 to UW-Platteville Students, Faculty, and Staff to support projects that enhance the sustainability of campus. Projects will be evaluated on how well they meet the UW-Platteville sustainability mission to "meet the needs of the present while enhancing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
Funded by University Segregated Fees as overseen by the Segregated University Fee Allocation Commission (SUFAC), the funding will be distributed by the UW-Platteville Environmental Sustainability Committee based upon the proposal process outlined below. More information about the Environmental Sustainability Committee is available here.
What can the Green Fund accomplish?
The Green Fund can help integrate the ideas of sustainability into how we live, learn, and succeed at UW-Platteville. This will be accomplished through bringing your ideas to reality. Whether you are an individual or a group, this a chance to positively impact our campus community. If you have an idea in line with the campus sustainability mission, we want to hear from you! If you need ideas, please read about the projects that received funding last year.
This year there is an estimated $15,000 available to support as many qualified projects as possible. We encourage projects on the scale of $1,000 to $3,000, but proposals of all sizes will be considered.
If you have a project idea or questions about the application, we encourage you to call Amy Seeboth-Wilson, our campus sustainability coordinator, to talk about your idea before submitting your application. She can suggest connections and resources to make your project as complete as possible. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 342-7244. We also encourage you to attend the application workshop on Wednesday, November 8.
- Grant announcement: October 16, 2017 (second Monday of October moving forward)
- Application workshop: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 5:00–6:00 pm (optional but recommended) in MPSC University South.
- Applications due: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, by 11:59 pm
- Proposal review: December 5 and 12 Environmental Sustainability Committee meets on to review proposals
- Awards announced: Friday, December 15, 2017
- Funds spent or encumbered: June 30, 2018
- Projects completed: December 31, 2018
- Project final reports due: December 31, 2018
Submissions will be evaluated based upon their Project Description, Project Outcomes, Qualifications, Project Start Date and Duration, and Budget. Specifically, applications will be scored 1-10 (1 = did not meet expectations, 10 = exceeds expectations) using the following criteria:
- Project Description: The description clearly articulates the intent and purpose of this project.
Project outcomes: The project helps us achieve one or more of our campus sustainability goals. The goals are:
- Visually exhibit sustainability on campus to make campus a living laboratory for sustainability;
- Integrate sustainability into formal curriculum and professional preparedness;
- Build resources that promote and support campus sustainability;
- Increase awareness of campus sustainability efforts within the community and broader region;
- Make sustainability part of our daily campus operations.
- Qualifications: The applicant has the right skills to see the project to completion.
- Project start date and duration: Project clearly is able to begin by April 1, 2018 with all funds spent or encumbered (dedicated through purchase requisitions) by June 30, 2018. Projects should aim to be completed by December 31, 2018.
- Project budget: Budget appears reasonable and accurate, with quotes included where necessary.
The Environmental Sustainability Committee will use this Rubric to evaluate each submission: Green Fund Rubric 2017-2018 (pdf)
Project Final Reports
Recipients will be expected to submit a brief final report by December 31, 2018 outlining how the project went and whether it achieved the expected outcomes. Additional details regarding reporting requirements will be provided upon awarding of funds.
To apply, submit the following form by November 29, 2017 11:59 p.m.