The University and broader community offer many ways to engage in sustainability. Below are just a few:
- Environmental Sustainability Committee- A University committee made of faculty, staff, and students that helps direct campus policy and procedure related to Sustainability.
- Green Campus Project- UW-Platteville's student organization dedicated to "greening" up campus since 2009.
- Platteville Community Arboretum - A non-profit, community-based arboretum for the purposes of education, recreation, conservation, and the encouragement of cooperation within the Platteville community.
- Platteville Main Street Program Sustainability Committee- A community organization dedicated to promoting sustainability in downtown Platteville, they meet on the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m., usually at Driftless Market on Main Street.
- Social & Environmental Justice Program- A minor & certificate program offered at UW-Platteville focused on international social & environmental justice.
- Student Work - Many students engage in sustainability through coursework and internships. We will be adding information on these efforts soon- check back here to learn about who is involved and how they are helping.
- Sustainable & Renewable Energy Program (SRES)- One of the few four-year degrees in renewable energy in the United States, offered at UW-Platteville.