Campus Sustainability Fund
Fall 2016 marks the first time that Campus Sustainability Fund is available at UW-Platteville. This competitive grant program for UW-Platteville students, faculty, and staff exists with the purpose of enabling campus to better "meet the needs of the present while also enhancing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" (the official UW-Platteville definition of “sustainability”). Funded by University Segregated Fees and distributed by the UW-Platteville Environmental Sustainability Committee, we expect to announce the 2017-2018 grant cycle in fall of 2017.
2016-2017 Fund Recipients:
- Goats for Land Management
- Filtered Water Bottle Re-Filling Station
- Phytochemicals: Growing the Solution!
- Making 2017 Green: Indoor Plants for the Markee Pioneer Student Center
- Composting in Residence Halls
- Campus Apiary (Honey Bees) and pollinator education
- Fruit Trees and Perennial Vegetable Crops
- Drip Tape Irrigation for the Campus Edible Garden
2016-2017 Grant timeline:
- Grant announcement: November 1st, 2016
- Applications due: Sunday, January 15th, 2017
- Awards announced: Friday, February 10th, 2017
- Funds spent or encumbered: June 30th, 2017
- Projects completed: December 31st, 2017 (particularly compelling multi-year projects may be considered)
- Project final reports due: December 31st, 2017
Project Final Reports: Recipients will be expected to submit a brief final report by Dec. 31st, 2017 outlining how the project went and whether it achieved the expected outcomes.
Talk to us: If you have a project idea or questions about the application, we encourage you to call the campus sustainability coordinator (Amy Seeboth-Wilson) to talk about your idea before submitting your application. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 342-7244
Download 2016-2017 Application (Microsoft Word)