This pane clears float!
Background: Platteville has over eight miles of public trails connecting campus to the broader community. The trails are owned and managed by three different groups (the University, the City, and the Platteville Community Arboretum (PCA)).
Student organizations can now adopt a short section (ranging between ¼- ½ mile) of this trail to help maintain our native plants and keep our trail clean. You can view the adoptable segments above.
- Adoption will automatically renew annually;
- Organizations must provide at least one-month notice to cancel your trail adoption;
- The University, City, or Platteville Community Arboretum reserve the right to cancel your adoption with one month’s notice if your organization does not meet the requirements below.
- Organizations may adopt the trail at any time, trail segments are available on a first come, first serve basis;
- Organizations must pick up litter on their trail segment twice / year (once in fall and once in spring) and report the dates of this activity;
- Organizations must send at least five people to help on one of our predefined "workdays"/year - two hours on a Saturday (the times have been shortened from three hours to two in 2014-2015). 2014/2015 dates are: Saturday October 18th, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and Saturday May 2nd from 8:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (to help staff the Rountree Spree trail fundraiser)
In exchange for adopting the trail segment, organizations will receive:
- Recognition on the website plattevilletrailnetwork.org;
- Your organizational logo on your segment(on a sign, painted rock, or other method TBD);
- A certificate of participation;
- Community volunteer hours.
As of April 9th, 2014, the following trail segments have been adopted by these student organizations!
- Theta Phi Alpha: 1
- Platteville Society of Environmental Engineers: 2
- Pre-Law Society at UW-Platteville: 3
- Alpha Phi Omega: 4
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers: 5
- Green Campus Project: 6
- Sigma Phi Epsilon: 7
- UW-Platteville Lions Club: 8
- Chancellors Scholars: 9
- Circle K International: 10
- Students for Peace and Justice: 11
- Swim Club at UW-Platteville: 12
- Outdoor Adventure Club: 13
Are you ready to sign up? All of our trail sections are currently adopted. If you would like to be added to our wait list, complete the following form and we will be in touch with you shortly!
This pane clears float!