Welcome to Southwest Hall
Southwest Hall, completed in 2006, is home to 380 students who will live in 95 four-person suites. Each suite has four single bedrooms, a living room, a dining area with kitchenette, and two bathrooms. There is high speed internet access in every bedroom and elevator access to all floor levels. The entire building is air conditioned and each suite is fully furnished. Each of the six floors has a study room with a computer that can be used for group projects. Other public areas include the main desk, mailroom, lobby, multipurpose room, laundry room, and community room with vending area. Southwest Hall remains open during the official academic year breaks.
From the desk of the resident director
Hello, my fellow Southwestians!
Can you believe it is already March? That means that the year is two thirds of the way done.
Suite Forum | Meeting every other Wednesday
Suite Forum will be hosting meetings every other Wednesday at 8:30 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room right off the lobby. If you would like to help plan building wide programs, or have suggestions stop by the meetings – we would love your input.
Safety Tip of the Month | Inclement Weather
As we approach spring, inclement weather will become more common. Be sure to remain aware of potential for severe weather. In the case of severe weather, be sure to seek out appropriate shelter if your hall. Avoid windows and do not go outside to storm watch.
Spring Break | March 10th – March 19th
Southwest Hall will remain open for the break, but please be sure and sign up online if you plan to stay. IF you do plan to leave for the break, please follow these guidelines:
• Close all windows and drapes
• Do not unplug refrigerators or aquarium equipment
• Unplug all electronic devices. Computers must be turned off but do not need to be unplugged
• Remember to turn off alarms on clocks
• Turn off all lights
• Lock your bedroom door
• Remove trash and dispose appropriately
• Bring home items you are no longer using so you do not have as much to bring home at the end of the year
• All university parking regulations, including parking meters, are enforced
• Cars left over break must be moved to Lot 25 near Williams Fieldhouse in case of possible snow removal
If you ever have questions throughout the school year, do not be afraid to talk to your RA or come stop by my office. That's what we are here for!