International Admission Guidelines
All international students must have:
- Strong academic achievements, comparable to other UW-Platteville Richland applicants, especially in the areas of mathematics, natural science (chemistry, biology or physics), social sciences and the humanities
- Proficiency in English, which can be met by one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT of 61
- IELTS of 5.5
- Official ACT with an English sub score of 18
- Official SAT with an Evidence-based Reading and Writing sub score of 480
- GTEC score of 1100 (computer-based format)
- iTEP score of 4.0
- WESLI Level 700 completion and a letter of recommendation of English language proficiency from WESLI staff/instructor
- Adequate financial resources for academic program of study
To apply to UW-Platteville Richland as an international student, please submit the following:
- Application fee
- The $25 application fee (summer 2020 and beyond) can be paid online with a credit card at the end of the application. You can also mail a check or international money order to the Office of Admission.
- Official Academic Records
- Submit official academic records (credentials) from all secondary and higher education institutions attended. Official documents must be sent directly to UW-Platteville by the issuing institution. Photocopies of official records are acceptable if an authorized university, government or public official has certified them after the documents have been copied.
- Academic records must:
- Be official documents and sent directly to UW-Platteville by the issuing institution
- Be in the original language along with a certified English translation
- Include the dates of attendance, level of study, list of subjects, school leaving marks (grades) earned, rank in class (when possible) and the grading system used
- Include all exam or test results and certificates, diplomas or degrees earned
- Transfer Credit
- International students that have attended a post-secondary school, college, university, or educational institution outside of the United States must also submit the following:
- An official One Earth, WES or ECE course-by-course evaluation, completed at the student's request and at the student's expense
- Detailed course descriptions in both the original language and English. This will allow us to review your courses for transfer credit. If acceptable course descriptions are not submitted, transfer credit will not be awarded.
- International students that are currently attending or have attended a high school, college, university, or educational institution in the United States must also submit the following:
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- Submit evidence of English proficiency by successfully completing one of the following areas:
- An official TOEFL (required of all international students whose native language is not English)
- An official IETLS score (required of all international students whose native language is not English)
- Students transferring from United States colleges and universities may be excused from the TOEFL if they have demonstrated competence in English through courses taken at such institutions and have earned grades of "B" or higher in English composition courses and speech or two English composition courses.
- Financial Verification
- Submit the following documents for financial verification:
- All financial support documents must be dated within 6 months of the intended program start date.
- Submit a copy of the applicant's passport.
I-20 and VISA Information
The I-20 form (for issuance of visa) cannot be issued to you until you have been admitted to UW-Platteville, UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County or UW-Platteville Richland. When your application is complete (meaning that you have provided all required documents as noted above), the application will be reviewed and you will be notified about your admission status.
International Student Orientation
Save the date for International Student Orientation, which starts approximately one week before classes start each semester. All new and transferring international students are required to attend.