Post a Listing
IN ORDER FOR A RENTAL PROPERTY TO BE INCLUDED ON THE UW-PLATTEVILLE RENTAL RESOURCES WEBSITE, THE PROPERTY MUST BE LICENSED BY THE MUNICIPALITY, COUNTY, TOWNSHIP OR VILLAGE IN WHICH THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED AND/OR IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS.
DUE TO SEVERAL RENTAL SCAMS THAT HAVE BEEN OCCURRING IN OUR AREA, ALL LISTINGS FOR A ROOMMATE OR SUBLEASE MUST BE APPROVED BY THE LANDLORD OR PROPERTY MANAGER PRIOR TO POSTING!
Need to advertise a rental property, a sublet or list an opening for roommate? Click HERE to download an Off- Campus Housing Listing Sheet. Submit the completed form to our office via email, regular mail, fax or drop it in the office. You can also phone in the necessary information to our office. THIS IS A FREE SERVICE FOR LANDLORDS AND RENTERS!
How long will my listing appear on the website?
All listings will remain active and available to searchers until it is rented or inactivated at your request, for up to 60 days, at most.
Please call or email us to inactivate your listing when your unit is no longer available. It will only take a moment, and will help us continue to provide a timely and valuable resource to students and the community.
Summer sublets that are still active on August 1st will be removed on that date.
The City of Platteville and UW-Platteville students continue to be a target for rental scams. Follow these simple common-sense rules to avoid being a victim:
When Subletting or looking for a Roommate:
- Deal locally with people you can meet in person.
- DO NOT rent to someone who wants to take the apartment without viewing it in person first.
- Check references - Do a Google search on the person's name and email
- Always obtain payment before the subtenant moves in. If they ask to pay rent after they move in -THIS IS A SCAM!!
- Refuse Over-Payment
- Fake cashier checks and money orders are common. Banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fraud is discovered weeks later.
- Never give out financial information.
Looking for Housing:
- Always view the rental before signing a lease.
- Google person's name and email to check for past scams.
- Surest Sign Of A SCAM is when the lister asks for money upfront!!! IF someone asks for this - walk away!
- NEVER wire money - this is the same as sending cash, once you send it, you have no way to get it back.
Please click here for more information on Rental Scams.