Volunteer Opportunities in Platteville
Volunteer activities are a great way to gain experience in the field of psychology. They help you learn what types of jobs are available to psychology majors, let you check out possible CFE sites, and add relevant experience to your resume.
- Big Buddy Kinship, Grant Co. Social Services, Lancaster, WI. Big Brother/Big Sister program. Details: 9-month commitment needed
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dubuque , Dubuque, Iowa. Health, educational, vocational and character development of disadvantaged youth. Parks/recreation programming.
- Easter Seals/Americorps, Wisconsin Dells. Serves children and adults with disabilities. They often need volunteers for week-end respite programs.
Family Advocates, Platteville, Wis. Domestic violence shelter (Students will need three letters of reference to have direct contact with clients.)
- Tel: 348.5995
- Family Connections, Platteville, Wis. An organization that works for the betterment of children and families. This volunteer opportunity primarily involves office work.
LEEPS (Aging and Disability Resource Center of Southwest Wisconsin) Helping older people and people with disabilities and their families (Not available until December 1st, 2014) www.adrcswwi.org
Contact: Whitney Thompson
- Contact: Whitney Thompson
Neal Wilkins Early Learning Center (4-year-old kindergarten)
Contact: Denise Johnson
- Contact: Denise Johnson
Park Place, Platteville, Wis. Assisted living facility
Contact: Patty Lange
- Contact: Patty Lange
Platteville Middle School, Homework Club
Contact: Laura Melby
- Contact: Laura Melby
Platteville School District, Big Buddy Program
Contact: Nancy Olson
- Contact: Nancy Olson