This program will prepare you to systematically evaluate a firm’s external and internal environments to produce a range of responses to capture value for the firm. More than an MBA, the M.S. in Strategic Management emphasizes broad principles of administration by making value in all of its forms (financial, human, social, environmental, etc.) the focal point of all organizational activities, resource configurations, capabilities, and processes.
Designed to provide you with a strong foundation in identifying and capturing a unique and valuable market position, the M.S. in Strategic Management will help you acquire the skills to become a leader within your organization. Don’t just learn to administer, learn to lead with a degree equipped for a modern business environment.
Choose how your career needs will best be suited by selecting an area of emphasis.
- Strategic Human Resources: Today’s dynamic labor environment demands that human resources professionals apply strategic thinking to attract, train, and retain top talent. This track will help you to transform organizational strategy into practices that build competitive advantages.
- Strategic Marketing: The rules for managing a successful marketing operation are in constant flux as market pressure from local, international, and online competitors evolves. This track introduces many new strategies, business models, and tactics for capturing value in a competitive environment.
- Strategic Sourcing: The need for an innovative and robust supply chain strategy has never been more important. Small disruptions cost tens of thousands of dollars; consumers expect unprecedented responsiveness; and instability in international trade rules means that companies must constantly adapt their networks to maximize value. With the strategic sourcing track, you will learn to analyze each of these challenges, and more, to develop a responsive global supply chain.
Earn your degree at your pace. Total cost of the program is $20,850.* Be sure to ask your Admission Specialist how you can reduce this cost with transfer credits or professional credentials.
*Subject to change without notice.
Transfer up to 12 credits toward your degree. Credits need to have been earned from a nationally or regionally accredited institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. You’ll want to be sure to let your Admission Specialist know if you have earned credits previously.
The Master of Science in Strategic Management is earned by completing 30 graduate credits.
- Applied Accounting
- Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Change Leadership
- Organizational Development
Tailor your education to best suit your career goals with courses based on your selected area of emphasis.
Strategic Human Resources
- Current Issues in Human Resources
- Employee Training and Development
- Strategic Human Resources
- Consumer Behavior
- eMarketing Applications
- Customer Relationship Management
- Purchasing Management
- Warehousing and Distribution Management
To be considered for admission, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, industrial technology management, industrial engineering, or a related field, or a baccalaureate degree (not identified above) from a regionally or nationally accredited institution and demonstrate extensive experience in one of the areas of emphasis.
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or above or 2.90 on the last 60 credits from the degree-granting institution.
- No GRE or GMAT is required.
Applicants not meeting minimum requirements may gain admission through the comprehensive review process. International degrees are considered on an individual basis. For complete information, view the full admission requirements.
To ensure an admission decision for the semester you intend to start on your degree, you’ll want to submit your application and supporting materials by:
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: July 15
You may be eligible to receive one of the following scholarships: