Prepare for a career in today's competitive business world by gaining knowledge in business, management, and effective communication.
Through the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, you'll explore real-world examples of all aspects of the modern business world with a diverse selection of courses such as Business Communication, Global Business, and Leadership and Management.
Choose how your career needs will be be suited by selecting an area of emphasis.
- Finance: Maximize value while minimizing risk and strengthen your analytical skills, while building a strong academic background in finance. The effective investment and management of capital is crucial for the survival and growth of all organizations.
- General Business: Round out your degree with courses in finance, human resources, supply chain, sales, and marketing.
- Human Resource Management: Connect an organization's most important assets - its people - to products and services created by value-added activities contributing to organizational goals.
- Integrated Marketing: Develop, manage, and promote an organization's brand across all relevant media. Gain experience in persuasive communications, advertising, strategic promotion, data analysis, and e-commerce strategies.
- Integrated Supply Chain Management: Examine the steps that lead to the production of goods and services, including suppliers and distribution channels. Coordinate the links of supply chain to maintain quality and customer satisfaction, while keeping cost under control.
- Management: Explore the principles of organization, the design of hierarchy, and the allocation of resources. You'll learn to build strong communication skills, develop critical thinking, and identify personal traits of leadership.
- Professional Sales: Learn the study of principles, techniques and practices involved in selling products, services and ideas. Develop relationships, discover customer needs, and match the appropriate product/service with these needs.
Earn your degree at your pace. Tuition is $1,110* per three-credit class, and you may qualify for financial aid and scholarships. Be sure to ask your Admission Specialist how you can reduce this cost with transfer credits.
"I have read that Platteville's program was one of the greatest, but unless you have had the pleasure of attending the school, you truly do not understand how much and how fast you will accomplish in a very short time; not to mention the convenience of it all."
Nicole Chambers, B.S. in Business Administration
*Subject to change without notice.
If you have earned credits in another school or U.S. military, your transcript will be evaluated for eligible transfer credits.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is earned with 120 undergraduate credits.
Business Administration Courses
- Business Analytics
- Business Communication
- Business Policy/Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Elementary Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Global Business
- Human Resource Management
- Interpretation of Business or Economic Data
- Introduction to Marketing
- Leadership and Management
- Legal Environment of Business
- Management Accounting
- Microcomputer Applications
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Supply Chain Management
In addition to your core business courses, you'll complete general education requirements in English, math, speech, and liberal arts.
To be considered for admission, you'll need:
- High school diploma or have earned HSED/GED
- Meet college prep course requirements
- If under age 22, top 50 percent of graduating class, ACT composite of 22, or SAT score of 1110
Home-schooled, transfer, and international students are encouraged to apply. For complete information, view the full admission requirements.
To ensure an admission decision for the semester you intend to start on your degree, you'll want to submit your application and supporting materials by:
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: July 15
You may be eligible to receive one of the following scholarships: