In an effort to increase safety and reduce thefts, University Police officers and student security personnel conduct security checks of buildings after normal building hours. Persons in buildings after normal business hours should be prepared to show identification, if asked. Students needing to occupy academic buildings or rooms, during closed building hours, require an After Hours Building Pass. Students without an After Hours Pass will be required to leave the room/building.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Closing Hours policy provides more information on the normal business hours for academic buildings.
After Hours Student Pass
Passes will be issued on a limited basis. Contact your professor to determine if you are eligible to request an After Hours Building Pass.
You must present the following to the on-duty officer:
- Student Pass
- Student Passport ID
- If you are studying late and your vehicle will be in a commuter or staff lot between 2–6 a.m., you **must call and speak to a university officer to request authorization to be in the lot during the above time.**
- Failure to call prior to 2 a.m. may result in a citation. Calling after a citation is issued will not void the citation.
- Students without after hours building passes will not be granted excused parking.
Faculty Member, Instructor and Department Secretaries
- Fill in required information
- One building per pass
- List each room number individually.
- Blanket “All Room” or “Any Lab” passes will not be honored.
- One (1) student name per pass (no groups or multiple names)
- Print, sign on signature line, and fill in date
- Please tell your students the above **MUST CALL INFORMATION (in bold)
- The pass must be completed before giving it to the requesting student
After reading the above, fill out the After Hours Building Pass Web Form.