Leadership Living Learning Community
The Pioneer Involvement Center, in partnership with the Department of Residence Life, is proud to offer a Leadership Living & Learning Community on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus.
A Living Learning Community (LLC) is a group of students that are focused on a particular area of interest and live together in an on-campus residence hall. The Leadership LLC is an interactive living environment focused on development of leadership and exploration of social change. Students will build strong personal and academic connections with each other and with the Platteville community. Choosing to live here means several things: exploration of your leadership abilities, a nurturing environment that will help with the transition to college life, and a support network that will provide an opportunity for members to develop meaningful connections.
Participants must be a first-year student at UW-Platteville.
As a resident of the Leadership LLC, you will have many unique opportunities, including:
• Enhanced academic and social opportunities
• Greater involvement in learning
• Local and National Community Service Opportunities
• Increased satisfaction with your UW-Platteville experience
• Focused support from a resident assistant, one of our many campus leaders
• Advice from LLC staff when it comes to navigating college life, finding resources, and getting support
LLC Participants will enroll in UWP-Study Introduction to College Life - Fall for 1 credit that includes planning a Winter Break retreat. Additionally, LLC participants will take a 1 credit course in the Spring, including an alternative spring break.
• LLC study groups with students who have the same classes
• Interactive meetings and events with faculty and professionals
• Presentations and workshops on academic involvement, community service, research opportunities, career exploration, resume building and interviewing
• Meals with faculty and LLC staff
• Community and campus service activities
• Social activities as a group
• Complete the Leadership LLC Form below.
• Submit your housing application and housing deposited by posted dates or as space is available. (Contact Residence Life for deposit amount)
• Pay the $100.00 Leadership LLC fee as outlined in the form by July 1st. (This fee is used for supplies, socials, trips and other events associated with the Leadership LLC)
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or call 608-342-1075
• Make check out to: University of Wisconsin - Platteville
• Mail to: Pioneer Involvement Center
• Attn: Leadership LLC
• 1 University Plaza
• Platteville, WI 53818