Display Information and Guidelines For PACCE Students
PACCE Poster Day is for the display of the great work by students through their PACCE project. It can be any display, not just a poster. As long as it fits within a 4' square area. The audience for your display is other students, university faculty and staff, and community partners. The intent of the poster is to tell your project’s story and to highlight its educational value to you. Each poster needs to include the UW-Platteville logo, class and faculty member’s name and the community partner organization. Other possible topics include:
- Description of the project
- Level and type of interaction with the community partner
- What you learned from the community partner
- How this project helped you to Experience→Grow→Make a Difference
- How this project enhances your education
You can use photos, text, art, testimonials, quotes, etc. Have fun with your poster and tell a great story. High quality professional work is expected.
An option for poster printing is through the Publications office. You must follow the directions shown on the link below:
Directions for displays and PACCE Poster Day Logistics:
- Each project will be provided a 4-5 foot square area for displaying a poster or some other display.
- Each project will be provided with a 3 ft x 4 ft bulletin board and easel.
- There will also be some tables available for a laptop or other display. PACCE does not provide laptops or screens. If you are interested in a table please contact the PACCE office at 608.342.7365. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All posters and displays must have prior approval by the community partner before they can be displayed. NO APPROVAL–NO DISPLAY! Click here for the Community Partner Approval release form.
- All pictures of non UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff, especially minors, must have a signed release before they can be displayed. Any picture of a minor that does not have a release will have their face blocked out prior to display. Click here for the Photo release form.
- Check-in is in the reception area in Velzy Commons beginning at 10 a.m. Upon confirming that the community partner has approved the poster and the appropriate photo releases have been submitted, the student(s) will be directed to his/her poster display location where he/she will find a bulletin board and/or table. Be sure to allow ample time for set-up so that your display is ready for public viewing at 10 a.m.
- Please have a representative of the project with the display at all times during the 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. time period.
- Students can remove their posters from the bulletin boards at 11:30 a.m.
- Any poster materials remaining on the bulletin board after 11:30 a.m. will be destroyed.
- The recommended dress code is business casual (example: khakis or other dress pants and collared shirt/blouse). Name tags will be provided.
- You can use PACCE funding for expenses associated with the poster display.
If you have other questions or need further financial assistance, please call the ORSP Office at 608.342.7365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.