The mission of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is to collaborate with members of the university community in an ongoing, systematic process of institution-wide evaluation and assessment. The office strives to maintain confidentiality in the use of accurate and verifiable information that supports data-driven decisions designed to improve students’ educational experiences.
Recognizing that the student is ultimately the central focus of the institution, OIR values:
- Maintaining standards of confidentiality in accordance with institutional and federal requirements, and best practices in the field;
- Building relationships in order to best serve the campus community and its constituents;
- Providing timely responses to requests for assistance;
- Acting ethically in the dissemination and analysis of information;
- Striving to maintain consistent and accurate data.
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR), a department that reports under the organization of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, supports organized assessment efforts and provides data analysis and research for internal and external use. OIR serves the university community in the following capacity:
- Monitor and report on changes in institutional performance indicators;
- Centralize reporting to internal and external entities;
- Coordinate the campus Central Data Request (CDR) reporting to the UW-System;
- Coordinate university assessment efforts;
- Collaborate with Information Technology Systems to maintain and ensure the integrity of information being reported;
- Participate in the development of analytics in support of strategic decision-making.