FAQs - Current Students

What is PASS?

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville uses the Pioneer Administrative Software System (PASS) for many different student and staff functions, including registration, payments, financial aid review, administrative purposes, updating and maintaining student records, and more.

How do I register for a class?

You will use the Pioneer Administration Software System (PASS) to register for your courses. Registration deadlines are listed on the Academic Calendars. Advisor approval is necessary before registering for some courses. For step-by-step registration instructions, refer to our Register for Courses guide.

How do I purchase my textbooks and course materials?

You must have your textbook(s) before your courses start. Textbook costs are not included in tuition and fees. Financial aid is not disbursed until after the start of classes so funds will not be available in time for you to purchase textbooks. For more information, please visit our textbooks page.

How do I get technical help?

Contact the Distance Learning Center Help Desk at 877.854.3083 or DistEdSupport@uwplatt.edu for assistance with:

• Accessing your online courses and campus resources such as Karrmann Library
• Accessing PASS and your Student Center within PASS
• Your UW-Platteville NetID (username) and password
• Your UW-Platteville email account
• Questions about using Desire2Learn
Minimum technical requirements

Can I use my personal email address instead of my university email address?

UW-Platteville utilizes Microsoft Office 365 for its email and calendar needs. Your uwplatt.edu email address is linked to your official UW-Platteville Office 365 account. All email and calendar invitations sent from university staff and departments, including your advisors and instructors, will go to your uwplatt.edu email address; therefore, it is necessary for you to use and maintain that account.

Can I purchase Microsoft Office and other software as a discount?

Current students may have access to free Office 2016 licenses to install on personally owned devices. For details, visit the UW-Platteville ITS Knowledgebase.

Using your NetID (username) and password, you can also purchase software at a discounted price from the Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog.

Do distance learners have student representatives?

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville has a virtual Student Advisory Board that acts as an advocate for distance students. The Board advises the Distance Learning Center regarding student concerns, suggests new initiatives, and acts as a mentoring resource for new and prospective students.

How do I obtain information on disability accommodations?

If you are interested in requesting accommodations for a disability, please review the information from Students with Disabilities. For more information, contact Marcia Rako at rakom@uwplatt.edu or 800.632.5460.

How do I drop a course?

Before dropping a course, you need to consider how it will impact your academic and financial situation. Review how to drop a distance learning course and talk with your advisor before proceeding.

How do I update my contact information?

You can update most of your contact information in the Pioneer Administrative Software System (PASS). For more information, visit the update your contact information webpage.

What credits transfer?

There are guidelines that apply to the transfer credits for both undergraduate and graduate programs. Select the program below to review the requirements.

Graduate: Undergraduate:
Criminal Justice Business Administration
Engineering Criminal Justice
Integrated Supply Chain Management  
Organizational Change Leadership  
Project Management  

I think I'm ready to graduate. What do I need to do?

At least six months prior to your anticipated graduation date, you should contact your advisor to make sure you've met all degree requirements and can begin the graduation procedures. There is specific graduation information and paperwork for undergraduate programs and graduate programs.

Once you've submitted your graduation paperwork and fee, you'll receive information about the commencement ceremonies and other activities.

Can distance education students receive student discounts or utilize on-campus services?

If you live near Platteville and are interested, distance education students (graduate and undergraduate) may pay a segregated fee each semester to utilize select services. For details visit Campus Services for Distance Students.

Still have questions?

Contact the Distance Learning Center at 800.362.5460 or disted@uwplatt.edu. Staff is available during the following times:

Sunday: 1 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


DLC: Online Reuseable No

Academic Calendars

Contact Us

Distance Learning Center
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818-3099

800.362.5460 (Toll Free)

Stay Connected




Footer Anchor