Scholarships LAE Fine Arts
CSS to Hide Title
The following Fine Arts Scholarships are available to students with a major or minor in Fine Arts or a related field. A student must have completed 1 semester on campus, be a full-time student and pursuing a degree on campus. To apply for the scholarships below, complete the Continuing Student on-line application, which is due March 1st.
- Major in art 2.75+ GPA.
Bea Brecker Memorial (MUSIC)
- Junior, Music major, performance contribution, academic achievement.
Bea Brecker Memorial (THEATRE)
- Junior, performance contribution, participation in departmental activities, academic achievement.
Betty (Gray) Campbell Memorial
- One must be majoring in one of the following areas: English/Language arts, speech, history, drama, or French. Must be enrolled in his/her sophomore, junior, or senior year with at least a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Bernard G. "Bunny" Dillion
- Continuing students participating in two or more music performing organizations.
Gerald and Sarah Darrow & Joan Orvis Scholarship
- A music student who is either a rising junior or senior. A music student who is an outstanding performer in either musical or voice.
Lois Kaiser-Genthe and William Schilling Scholarship
- Must be pursuing an Art Education or Art degree. Must demonstrate financial need.
Lyle & Ruth Olson Memorial Scholarship
- Any major within the Fine Arts Department.
- Music major, performance contribution, scholastic achievement.
Raymond G. Duewer Family Music
- Recipient must continue membership in and have been (4 semesters min.) a member of University Singers, the Chamber Choir or UWP mixed choir, 3.0+ GPA, 60+ Credits, leadership qualities, good character.
- Must be a talented music student wishing to pursue a career in music, a student with financial need, must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Scenes of UWP Scholarship
- Student who is an Art major.
Thomas C. Hendrickson Memorial Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in Art or Art Education.
Thomas Hickey Musical Theater Performance
- Awarded to a full-time student for an excellence student on stage performance in a regular academic year (Sept - May) UW-Platteville musical theatre production. Should demonstrate superior preparation, imagination and delivery of the stage role.
William J. Dennis Music
- For students majoring in Music; performance contribution scholastic achievement and academic status are considered.
- Student must be currently enrolled pursuing a speech communication career with a GPA of 3.25 or higher and showing good character. Financial need is a consideration.