Students from more than 80 institutions nationwide have studied at the Nagasaki University of Foreign Studies (NUFS) through UW-Platteville Education Abroad, and future applicants must:
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at a U.S.-based college or university.
- have completed at least two full-time semesters of college at the time of application and have at least sophomore standing at the time of participation.
- have a minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA (*Students with a grade point average between a 2.5 and 2.8 may be considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of UW-Platteville Education Abroad and NUFS).
- be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and participation.
Students are not required to have a minimum language proficiency for any program, but courses taught in languages other than English will have specific language proficiency requirements.
In addition to any application procedures required by students' home institutions, the following must be submitted via the UW-Platteville Education Abroad online application system:
- $50 Application Fee
- Copy of US Passport (*Students who do not currently hold a US Passport must apply for one and submit proof of application before the program application deadline)
- Education Abroad Statement of Purpose
- International Study Course Approval Form (*UW-Platteville students)
- NUFS Course Advisement Form
- NUFS JASIN Certificate of Health
- NUFS JASIN Financial Statement
- NUFS JASIN Homestay Application
- Official Academic Transcript
- Passport Photos
- Signed Statements of Responsibility and Understanding
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- UW-Platteville Education Abroad Application
Applicants will also have access to information to assist them throughout the application process. Upon acceptance, additional pre-departure information and requirements will be applicable.