UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping UW-Platteville students study at the Middle East Technical University (METU) since 2012, and future applicants must:
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at a U.S.-based college or university.
- have completed at least one full-time semesters of college at the time of application and have at least sophomore standing at the time of participation.
- have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and participation.
Students are not required to have a minimum language proficiency for any program, but courses taught in languages other than English will have specific language proficiency requirements.
The following must be submitted via the UW-Platteville Education Abroad online application system:
- $50 Application Fee
- Copy of US Passport (*Students who do not currently hold a US Passport must apply for one and submit proof of application before the program application deadline)
- Education Abroad Statement of Purpose
- International Study Course Approval Form
- METU Accommodation Form
- METU Application Form
- Official Academic Transcript
- Signed Statements of Responsibility and Understanding
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- UW-Platteville Education Abroad Application
Applicants will also have access to information to assist them throughout the application process. Upon acceptance, additional pre-departure information and requirements will be applicable.