JU Visa Information

Jönköping University

A student visa is required to participate in the UW-Platteville Exchange program at Jönköping University.

A student visa is an official document affixed in a U.S. Passport by the Consulate General of Sweden granting permission to live and study in Sweden for the duration that the visa is valid.  Students need to apply to the Swedish Consulate General with jurisdiction over their permanent residence and are responsible for obtaining their own visa.

In addition, a residence permit will be required for students intending to study at JU. The residence permit will need to be approved before entering Sweden.

Upon acceptance into JU, all of the necessary documents that students need to apply for their visa and residence permit will be provided to them by JU.

Footer Anchor