Institutional Accreditation Committee
The Institutional Accreditation Committee oversees and guides the comprehensive processes required to maintain UW-Platteville's accreditation status with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), including:
HLC Policies and Process:
- Staying current with respect to policies, requirements, and processes for maintaining UW-Platteville's institutional accreditation relationship with the HLC;
- Assisting the ALO in monitoring the institution for changes that may require HLC notification or approval and supporting campus personnel in filing appropriate documentation;
- Ensuring that required documentation and reports are submitted on time to the HLC, including annual institutional updates and the comprehensive assurance argument required in Years 4 and 10 of the accreditation cycle.
- Ensuring that issues for improvement identified in institutional comprehensive reviews in Years 4 and 10 of the review cycle are addressed and documented by the appropriate entities on campus;
- Advising campus leadership and governance bodies on topics and/or areas of improvement that may impact the university's accreditation;
- Providing internal and external communication, education, and support to the campus community regarding the processes of accreditation, including maintaining the university's accreditation website.
Support for Open Pathway Processes:
- Establishing sub-committees as needed to address specific requirements in maintaining the accreditation relationship;
- Identifying, managing, and submitting digital evidence files to the HLC's electronic Assurance System;
- Ensuring that interim reports on issues for improvement identified in the Year 4 and/or Year 10 comprehensive review are completed and submitted appropriately;
- Providing support to the Quality Initiative required in Years 7–9 of the accreditation cycle, including submitting required documentation and reports;
- Planning and participating in the comprehensive site visit federal compliance review that occurs during Year 10 of the accreditation cycle.