KU Visa Information

Korea University

A student visa is required to participate in the UW-Platteville Exchange program at Korea University (KU). Exchange students are asked to obtain a visa from Korean Embassy or Consulate in their home country before departure to Korea.

A visa is an official document affixed in a U.S. Passport by the Korean Consulate General granting permission to live and study in Korea for the duration that the visa is valid. 

Please note that the cost of a Korean student visa is paid out-of-pocket by the student and is not included in UW-Platteville Education Abroad’s program cost.  As of September 2015, http://traveltips.usatoday.com/obtain-korean-student-visa-61961.html lists the Korean student visa fee for U.S. citizens to be USD$45.

For the most up to date information on the Korea student visa process and procedures, please visit the Visa Issuance page on the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the USA's website: http://usa.mofa.go.kr/english/am/usa/visa/Visa/index.jsp

Footer Anchor