Frequently Asked Questions
The following information is accurate for students using services provided by Services for Students with Disabilities. For general Kurzweil questions see Kurzweil Student Software FAQ
Kurzweil 3000 Web License
What is the Kurzweil Web License?
- This edition involves a floating license component that is web based where the licenses are stored on the Kurzweil Education firefly server and an Internet connection to requried for access. A user database is configured by the customer using the firefly based web protal which allows unique user logins to the server. It can be installed on as many machines as desired.
How do I get started?
- Contact the office of Services for Student with Disabilities to request a student account. Link to Request Student Account
Where can I find training options for the Kurzweil 3000 Web License?
- The office of Services for Students with Disabilities has a webpage with how-to videos for each of the toold and functions in Kurzweil 3000. Link to How-To Videos
What are the system requirements?
- Windows: 8.1, 8, 7, Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, or XP with Service Pack 3 or later
- Macintosh: Minimum Intel processor, running Mac OS 10.6 through 10.10
How do I install the Kurzweil 3000 Web License?
- There are official install guides on the SSWD website along with installation videos. Link to How-To Videos
Can I login with the same username and password that I use for Firefly?
- Yes. The same username and password is the same for Firefly and the Kurzweil 3000 Web License
What is firefly?
- firefly is a flash-based website and iPad app that allows core Kurzweil 3000 functionality.
How to do I gain access to a firefly account?
- Contact the office of Services for Students with Disabilities to request a student account
What mobile device is firefly compatible with?
- The firefly iPad app is available and this is the mobile device recommended. Android devices are not currently supported as typically a flash capable browser is not available on these devices. firefly should work on any device that is flash capablem as it is a flash based web product. The iPad app is free and can be downloaded throughthe Apple Store on your iPad.
Can I access firefly without an iPad?
- Yes. firefly is a web based program. As long as there is an internet connection available you can access firefly. Link to log-in page
What formats can be opened in firefly?
- firefly can read TXT, PDF< DOC, and DOCX files.
Can the same username and password be used for both firefly and the Kurzweil 3000 Web License?
- Yes. The username and password is the same for firefly and the Kurzweil 3000 Web License.
If there are additional questions or concerns please contact the office of Services for Students with Disabilities at 608-342-1818 or the ITS Help Desk at 608-342-1400
Still needing help? Technical information and troubleshooting solutions for Kurzweil 3000 software products. If you encounter a problem or malfunction with Kurzweil 3000, look here for a possible fix. Link