Frequently Asked Questions

I want to be an admitted student at UW-Platteville. Where do I start?

To find out more details visit the undergraduate admission website, the adult/non-traditional students admission website, or call toll free 1.800.362.5515 to talk with an admissions representative.

Will my older credits transfer?

Most college credits don't have a "statute of limitations" on them, but it does sometimes depend on the program you're planning to enter. In some cases you might need to update some of your required credits from some years ago. Visit the admissions web page to find out more details.

Do non-traditional students qualify for Financial Aid?

YES, non-traditional students qualify for financial aid based on their family resources. Visit the Office of Financial Aid website to find out more details. Also Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out what you are eligible for

Is there childcare available at UW-Platteville?

Yes, to find out details visit the Children's Center's website

It's been years since I've been in school. Is there help available for brushing up on my academic and computer skills?  

Yes! The Academic Skills Center at UW-Platteville offers tutoring in many skill areas, including reading and study strategies, writing, mathematics, as well as help with brushing up on rusty basic skills. You can contact:

Instructional Center for Educational Technologies
Student Support Services
Writing and Tutoring Resources
Math Tutoring

I still don't know what I want to be.  Can I get academic and career advising?

Yes, contact the Academic Career and Advising Center for more information on doing career assessments, help with résumés, or searching their career resources.

Footer Anchor