Tuition & Scholarships
Full-time International Undergraduate Student (2017-2018)
|Academic year tuition & fees**||$17,500|
|On campus housing & meals*||$9,300|
|Mandatory health insurance||$1,600|
|Academic Year Total*||$28,400|
Estimated Summer Expenses (Summer school enrollment is optional)
|Summer school tuition (6 credits)**||$4,100|
|Summer on campus housing and meals **||$3,200|
**Fees may include but are not limited to segregated fees, international student service fee, sponsored student fee, and orientation fees.
Note: Personal expenses are not included in the estimated costs. Individual student costs may vary considerably depending on
economic factors and his/her own personal choices. Students should budget a minimum of approximately $2,000 for the academic
year (fall/spring) in personal expenses.
Students must present documentation of ability to meet all financial obligations for the duration of their study at UW-Platteville. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville encourages students to pay tuition, fees, housing and food costs in full at the beginning of each semester to avoid finance charges and/or late fees. For more complete details, visit UW-Platteville Financial Verification.
Full-time undergraduate degree-seeking international students applying for may apply to receive a tuition remission (scholarship) for up to eight academic semesters, provided that they reapply prior to each semester.
- Maximum award: $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester)
Application Instructions (For New Students)
- Download the International Tuition Remission Application form
- Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 608.342.1122
Deadline to apply:
- July 15 (for students applying for admission in the fall semester)
- December 15 (for students applying for admission in the spring semester)
Applications for tuition remission will be reviewed upon receipt with a decision communicated to the applicant within 10 days.
Re-applying for Tuition Remission (For Current Students)
To continue receiving the tuition remission after the first semester, students must be full-time, make good academic progress, maintain good academic standing (above a 2.0 GPA), demonstrate involvement in a variety of campus activities and leadership opportunities each semester, and apply online through the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS Office). Note: Tuition remission is earned, and the amount that you earn each semester depends on whether or not you complete your cultural service hours, get involved in campus programs/activities/events through the ISSS Office, get good grades, and submit the application by the deadline. More details about the eligibility criteria for receiving this tuition remission after the student's first semester is available on the ISSS Office website.
KATHRYN MYKEL CONGER SCHOLARSHIP
Available to new incoming and continuing English Language Program (ELP) and degree-seeking international students at UW-Platteville, with priority given to international students pursuing a course of study leading to certification as teachers. Applicants are not guaranteed to receive this scholarship every year; applicants must re-apply each year for this scholarship.
The Conger Scholarship will be awarded on a rolling basis, with the following priority deadlines:
- April 15 (to be awarded for following academic year, split over two semesters)
- October 1 (to be awarded in spring semester, with the total amount awarded in one semester)
Average scholarship for new students: $500-$3,000 per year.
- High school transcript (for new freshmen) or College transcript (for transfers). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Letter of Recommendation. Please submit a letter of recommendation (written in English) from your school.
- Personal Essay. Please fill out the “Personal Essay” questions on the application form.
For detailed instructions on how to submit your application, click here.