Constructed in 1952 and renovated in 1997, Doudna Hall houses the Textbook Center, classrooms, office space, a keyboard lab, studio space, a full recording studio, and 13 individual practice rooms utilized by the Department of Performing and Visual Arts. Doudna also has the largest lecture hall on campus, the Thomas B. Lundeen Lecture Hall, that seats 182. The building was named after Edgar G. Doudna, born in 1877 in Viola, Wis. He graduated from the Platteville State Teachers College in 1900. He went on to serve as principal for Sextonville schools, and while there, formed the first public high school band in the United States. Doudna also served on the Board of College Regents, was president of the Wisconsin Education Association, and a member of the Wisconsin Historical Society, National Council of English Teachers, and Phi Delta Kappa.