UW-Platteville named best in state for employment
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is the state’s best higher learning institution for employment and ranks seventh nationally, according to Zippia, the Career Expert.
This is the second year that Zippia compiled a list of top colleges or universities for employment and the second year that UW-Platteville finished first in Wisconsin. Using the Integrated Postsecondary Educational System, Zippia searched for the institutions with the highest placement rate, looking specifically at graduates of 10 years.
Zippia noted the UW-Platteville placement rate of 95.34 percent, according to U.S. Department of Education data. “With an in-state tuition of just above $7,500, Wisconsin-Platteville offers one of the best bang-for-your-buck educations for any state school,” the website said.
“UW-Platteville is honored to be considered among the top 10 universities in the country,” Chancellor Dennis J. Shields said. “This report confirms that we are staying true to our mission: offering a high-quality education at an affordable price that will pay dividends for years to come for those who earn a degree. Our graduates are prepared to enter the workforce and succeed at high levels.”
Zippia’s Top-Ten Colleges for Employment
- Pennsylvania – Lebanon Valley College
- Rhode Island – Salve Regina University
- Ohio – Ohio Northern University
- Oregon – Oregon Health & Science University
- New York – Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- South Dakota – University of Sioux Falls
- Wisconsin – University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Massachusetts – Endicott College
- Nebraska – Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Connecticut – Quinnipiac University
Subscribe to news at University of Wisconsin-Platteville using our RSS feed.