CSS to Hide Title
The purpose of UW-Platteville’s MSE program with an emphasis in English education is to provide graduate students in China with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to teach English as a second language effectively and at a level which is developmentally appropriate to their students.
- exhibit competence in oral and written English at a level appropriate to non-native speakers
- apply the scholarship of teaching and learning in a culturally diverse “English as a Second or Other Language” classroom environment
- analyze their own cultural predispositions in order to achieve competency in intercultural communication
- demonstrate the ability to comprehend, analyze, and apply current research in ESL and TESOL/TESL
- synthesize comparative methodologies by investigating and discussing various theories of second-language acquisition
- demonstrate an understanding of the similarities and differences in the Chinese and U.S. approaches to language-teaching pedagogy