Summer Course Transfers

The M during summer.

Before you enroll in a summer class at another campus, it is your responsibility to make sure that it transfers to UW-Platteville as the class that you want. If you take a class which doesn’t transfer correctly, the math department will not take responsibility for fixing your mistake.

  • Courses within the UW-System (including UW-Colleges and the Wisconsin Technical College System) can be checked using the UW-System Transfer Information System
  • For other courses, please check in advance with Dr. Jason Thrun, Math Department Assistant Chair, 352 Gardner Hall, 608.342.1944,

Once you have completed a summer course at another institution, before you will be allowed to enroll in a higher level math course, you need to provide the math department with your grade for the summer course. There are three ways to do this:

  1. Stop by the Math Department office (435 Gardner) and log in to your student account at the summer institution to show either the department chair or the program assistant the on-line grade report.
  2. Provide the Math Department office with a screen shot of your on-line grade report that includes your name, the name of the institution and the term.
  3. Bring a hard copy of an official transcript to the Math Department office.

In all cases, an official transcript will also have to be sent to the Registrar’s Office in order to get the course officially recorded on your UW-Platteville transcript.

Footer Anchor