Need off-campus access to your online storage? Use "Storage on the Go"
"Storage on the Go" provides access to all storage volumes including your S- (SHARED1) and J-drive storage (USER1) via mobile device or from off-campus.
Click the blue button Log into Storage on the Go at the right and log in using your campus username and password.
If you have questions or need assistance, try the printable resources linked below or contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.342.1400.
Information Technology Services provides a significant amount of online storage that is used on a daily basis by departments and ad hoc workgroups as a place to store files and other information. Some storage is used to provide files to the entire campus community.
Where to Find Shared Directories
- Workgroup: \\Shared1.uwplatt.edu\Shared1\WGroups
- Academic and Courses: \\Acad1.uwplatt.edu\Acad1\
ITS also provides each student and employee at UW-Platteville with individual storage space on the J-drive (USER1). Home drive quotas are 5GB.
- Home drives: \\User1.uwplatt.edu\User1\
Office 365: OneDrive
In addition to network storage, every account holder has access to 1 TB of storage in OneDrive through Office 365.
- Similar to your J-drive for your personal use
- Cloud storage accessible wherever you have internet access
- Ability to share files and collaborate in real time with other UW-Platteville account holders
- Take care not to include files with personally-identifiable information (i.e. social security numbers, student evaluations, account numbers, etc.)
Every Friday from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Any or all systems may be down during this planned outage window. For a list of specific systems affected each week, check: