Welcome Back to Campus: Things You Should Know
As faculty, staff, and students return to campus, we offer a few reminders about campus resources and procedures:
Things all Pioneers should know
Equipment Services has moved to the ITS Help Desk. Contact the Help Desk to reserve and check out laptops, media equipment, and more.
- Every account holder has access to five free copies of Office 2013 through Office 365.
- Other programs are available to students and employees through the WISC Software Catalog at greatly reduced prices.
ITS maintains a weekly window for upgrades, maintenance, and repair from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Fridays. Email notifications are sent mid-week identifying the systems affected that week. Outages are also posted to the campus Maintenance Calendar.
Help Desk Academic Hours
Call, email, or stop by first floor Karrmann Library
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Email and phone support is also provided
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Additional information for students
- NEW! Kurzweil 3000/firefly is text-to-speech learning tool supporting reading, writing, study skills, and test taking. Available to all students. Request an account here.
Additional information for employees
Each department on campus is assigned a support liaison who is your proactive partner for all planning involving technology. The liaison's primary responsibilities are consultation, collaboration, coordination, and communication between ITS and the assigned departments. Find your liaison in the ITS Knowledge Base.
New telephone support
User guides for all new phones and Unified Communications FAQs are posted in the ITS Knowledge Base. Check out all the new possibilities [VIDEO]! Contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.342.1400 with questions or to request formal training.
Latest from Discover IT
Subscribe to Discover IT using our RSS feed.