The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Office offers emergency funding to degree-seeking or English Language Program (ELP) international students whose financial situation has changed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond their control and who can document their financial need; however, this emergency funding is limited. Students who have been at UW-Platteville fewer than two semesters (Fall and Spring) are typically not eligible for emergency funding. Priority will be given to international students who are within 1-2 semesters of completing their degree. Consideration will be given based on a commitment to a diverse student population. Please click on the link below for more details about eligibility and application instructions for emergency funding.
How to Apply
You will need to apply for emergency funding through your online ISSS account (formerly known as i3s). See instructions below to apply for this scholarship through your online ISSS account:
- Go to /isss. Click on "ISSS Log In." Log in to your online ISSS account with your ISSS account username and password.
- Click on "Search Programs" (orange button on top ride side of webpage)
- In the dropdown box next to "Show:", select "Scholarship" and click "Search."
- Click on the scholarship/tuition remission for which you would like to apply.
- Click on "Apply Now" and select the term for which you will be receiving the tuition remission. (For example, if it is currently the Spring 2016 semester, you should select “Fall 2016” as the term you will be receiving the tuition remission.”)
- Click on the link to the scholarship form to begin working on your application.
The Emergency Funding application form that you must complete and upload on your ISSS online account to officially submit your application to ISSS may be downloaded below:
- If you need to log out before completing the application, click on "Save" at the bottom of the application form. The next time you log in to your ISSS online account, a link to your scholarship application will appear on your Applicant Home Page. Click "Submit" after you have completed the application.
You may also access the application directly here.