For Instructors

For Advisors

For Students

  • Finding Internships and Full-time Jobs when Graduating
    • The Career and Professional Development Office can help you with sample résumés or cover letters, writing your résumé or cover letter review, the Resource Center, participating in a mock interview, or finding answers to career-related questions.
    • The Pioneer Career Network (PCN) is an online resource that links students and alumni with over 8,500 active employers. At any one time, there are around 1,000 job, internship, or co-op positions posted in PCN
  • Academic Calendar
  • Advanced Registration Schedule
  • Program Degree Change Form  (See ♦ below.)
    • This form must be filled out very precisely.  Any misspellings, grammar errors, and improper capitalization must be fixed before you advisor will sign it.
    • In the "Specific Change Requested" section merely state the desired change--nothing more.  
    • In the "Rationale" section state why this change needs to be made.  Be short and to the point.
  • Credit Overload Form (See ♦ below.)
    • If you want to take more than 18 credits in a semester, you must obtain official permission from the Registrar to do so.
    • Use this form to apply for overload permission.
  • Intent to Graduate Form  (See ♦ below.)
    • File with the Registrar's Office the semester before you graduate and several weeks before registering for your last semester of classes.
    • Registrar's Office will send a letter to your university address stating which classes you still need to meet graduation requirements.
    • Keep this letter is a safe place because it is a "contract" stating what you need for graduation.
  • Major - Minor - Advisor Change Form  (See ♦ below.)
    • Must be filled out when transferring from one major to another.
    • Fill this form out as soon as you decide to take more than one major, more than one emphasis areas, take one or more minors.
    • Log into your PASS account to verify which major(s), emphasis (or emphases), and minor(s) that you are officially signed up for.

How-To Procedures


Industrial Studies: Virtual Desktop

Virtual Desktop

The virtual desktop (VDT) allows you to use special computer applications without having to use one of the computer labs on campus.  Here is a list of the software applications loaded on the VDT.  Active students, faculty, and staff can use the VDT.  Any computer connected to the internet can be set up to use the VDT.  To access the VDT, you must load a special client software on your computer.  This is like a specialize web browse.  The client software is free.

The following documents will help you get started using the VDT.

Footer Anchor