Machines are used to make the parts in the manufacture of products. These machines can be controlled in one of two ways: manually or by a computer. The latter is called computer numeric control (CNC). The photo gallery below shows the various CNC machines that students learn to use in the various metals labs. Click here to see a photo gallery of manually controlled machine tools found in our metals labs.
Students have the opportunity to learn how to use these machines along with all the related safety procedures.
- UW-Platteville Finalist for NASA project January 23, 2018
- $100,000 Donation Brings UW-Platteville Closer to Goal May 17, 2017
- UW-Platteville Has First Endowed Faculty Chair November 9, 2016
- Metal Casting Software Donated to UWP March 30, 2007 A $1 million worth of software donated by Magma Foundries Technologies Inc. of Schaumburg, Ill., through an alumnus connection.
- UWP Industrial Studies Students Receive Scholarships April 13, 2007 Received from the Foundry Education Foundation (FEF)